3M Safety Goggles – Protection, Comfort with Style
Vision is the most precious of all senses and also one of the most vulnerable parts of the human body. Evolution has taken extra care in their matter, by placing them in sockets in the human skull. However, all those precautions are rudimentary in this world, dominated by the marvels of human ingeniousness.
What Does Safety Goggles Do?
Modern workplaces are fraught with dangers and it is crucial that we protect our vulnerable organs with protective gears. Normal eyeglasses cannot be used in challenging environments as they shatter under pressure, causing shards to damage eyes. To protect eyes, you need either safety glasses or safety goggles. These safety goggles are made of strong material, tested for durability and strength.
3M Safety Goggles
When it comes to Personal Protection Equipment, 3M is a force to reckon with. The company offers health and safety protection equipment of almost every kind. 3M offers a wide range of safety goggles in differences sizes and prices. It offers both safety glasses and safety goggles. Many of these glasses come in stylish and comfy designs too. The company has research teams dedicated to developing better PPE solutions, including better and complete protection for eyes.
Difference between safety goggles and safety glasses
- Many use safety glasses during work. These have strong safety frame, which holds safety lenses even under extreme pressure. They also have side-shield to protect your eyes from any flying object. Safety glasses can withstand high impact too.
- Safety glasses can give you a decent protection, but if you are looking for 369-degree protection for your eyes then, go for safety goggles. This safety eyewear completely covers eyes and is held close to your face by a strap, not frames. Normally they have ventilation to help with the airflow.
Types of Safety Glasses
Safety goggles come with both prescription lenses and non-prescription ‘plane’ lenses. These glasses helped to drastically bring down eye injuries in different workplaces. Normally, prescription eyeglasses are stronger than ordinary glass. Polycarbonate, plastic (CR39), Trivex and glass are some of the materials normally used to make lenses. Some of the types of safety goggles are described below:
- Directly vented goggles: These goggles allow direct air flow into the goggles. These are used when there is no splash or vapor hazard.
- Indirectly vented goggles: When chemical splash hazard is present, these are the best.
- Non-vented goggles: These offer protection against dust passage, mist, liquid, and vapor.
One thing that has to be borne in mind seriously before buying 3M safety goggles is the assessment of workplace hazard. Find out which kind of hazardous material that workers could be exposed to and buy protection accordingly.